Discover how de-armouring can help you connect more, feel more, grow your intuition, and create bliss states
We live in a society that has embraced logic, the pursuit of power, and ‘fixing’ our problems with drugs, money, and even therapy. This focus weakens our human capacity to be intuitive, deeply connected, and moved by bliss.
… the body is the final frontier in modern life.
We are a society that lives in our heads, immersed in talk therapy, talk shows, images and thoughts of how we should be, think, and feel. But when you really get in touch with your body, life shifts, even blossoms, and you can have transformation.
We treat our bodies like vehicles that need fixing when they break down, or as objects to beautify—to put into shape, to adorn, to fuel with food.
If we just take a deep breath, quite the mind, and go inward, our bodies have much to share, much to release, and paths towards greater self-love and pleasure.
Our bodies have wisdom; our bodies store hurt; and our bodies can communicate with us how to live more fully and with more joy.
Our bodies contain a direct route to our intuition—shaking us to attention with shivering fear, sending us a gut feeling, or tingling and warmth when life bodes well. Our bodies contain our consciousness, and through releasing what is held in the body, we can come that much closer to awakening to our true natures (read more on that here).
We do not know how to listen enough, and well, so that our bodies can help heal our hurts, and open to pleasure.
Many practitioners and many courses work on the level of the mind, but few focus deeply on the body.
This de-armouring retreat works on four levels:
To release any held emotion (from now or past events) that you just can’t access via talking
Self acceptance – self-love. To accept your body and feel not just at peace in it, but to learn to experience deeper self-love
To expand your body’s capacity to experience pleasure
To attune to your body’s wisdom and access your intuition.
This retreat is for you if:
- You want to love yourself more (just the way you are)
- You want your body to experience more pleasure (especially intimate pleasure, and especially if you have a sexual dysfunction)
- You know you are holding onto negative emotions that you can’t seem to get rid of, and which are affecting your day to day life, OR you know you don’t express emotions (which doesn’t mean you don’t have them!)
- You have had a trauma in the past
- You’ve talked for years about your ‘issues’ and desires and nothing seems to be changing!
This retreat is NOT
- About structural adjustments for physical injuries
- About ‘getting into shape’ or motivating you to ‘change your body’—it’s about loving yourself NOW
- About exploring your sexuality in a group setting (this is not a Tantric play party)
What we do (the exciting bit)
[to learn about presenters, scroll down further]
- Yoga & Dance
- Group work
- Introspection—this is not a retreat in which you have to socialize all the time and in between sessions. You don’t have to at all, ever! And if you do, which is also fine, I insist that you also allocate some alone time to integrate and contemplate.
- Vegan & organic food catered, by Emerald Azure
Opening and Closing and Post-Retreat Support
A successful retreat has a sacred contract amongst participants. We not only agree at the outset to have complete respect and acceptance for one another, we agree to support each other on the journey for whatever comes up.
A transformative retreat also has a certain path of unfolding. We begin with intentions and connection, we hold each other (literally and metaphorically) through the journey, we take the time to integrate whatever the experience has been personally, and we have rituals for completion. Finally, we have support after the event.
It is normal to end a retreat on a high, but not good to end one open and vulnerable, and off on our own without a safety net, without the understanding of those around us. It’s vital to conclude a big journey with a gentle unwinding. So, on the Bodywork Retreat, we have a support network in place that begins the moment you go.
You will make friends for life (and most importantly, be a better friend to yourself).
De-armouring and what it means, see the blog.
Who Will Be Doing What?
Overall Facilitation & De-Armouring
Michelle will be facilitating much of the retreat. She will be leading some processes to relax, get to know each other and oneself, and to sink into the body. She will also lead the de-armouring instruction and practice.
Emerald Azure is a chef and caterer specializing in food that tastes amazing and is good for you AND the planet. From raw vegan and vego to Paleo and old fashioned nourishing home cooking, to gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and preservative-free. Her no-nasties food is as organic as possible and nourishing to the max. She will be providing us with yummy meals, from warm and comforting, to energizing and cleansing, all day, every day!
Dates, Location, Cost
There will be an Australian retreat from Saturday 5 August (12 pm) -Monday 7 August, 2017 (12 pm) at the Bamarang Retreat near Nowra, 3 hours south of Sydney.
Check out this video in the “Video” section of my Facebook page: